Post-Photography, or are we past Photography?

I found this text extremely interesting as I based my latest essay from the same idea, diving more into the social media side of it. I find this extremely interesting because photography is currently undergoing the biggest change it ever has, arguably. Because of the rise of social media and digital cameras, so many more people have access to photography who previously wouldn’t.

I did however find the text very difficult to read and feel like I couldn’t understand the true meaning behind what Andreia was trying to get across. Towards the end I really had little idea what she was talking about and lost interest due to the complicated academic research being included.  The quote “where post-photography repeats past models of vision explored in other media.” is another example, I cant quite figure out what is actually being said here.

I did however find the part about manipulation intriguing, that manipulation has always existed before people even starting doing it in darkrooms because essentially the camera is a manipulation tool itself (framing, composition, focal length, focus, exposure etc).